[linux-elitists] Fwd: [Galeon-user] Running multiple Galeons with different configurations?]

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 7 14:30:36 PST 2004

Issues of single-instance control for all instances of an application.

Related is the inability to launch many browsers on separate displays,
for a given user/system tuple.

----- Forwarded message from Lars Clausen <lc@statsbiblioteket.dk> -----

From: Lars Clausen <lc@statsbiblioteket.dk>
To: galeon-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:28:35 +0100

I'm doing web archiving, and want to be able to check if the archived
version of a site is the same as the original.  To that end, I'd like to
be able to have one instance of Galeon that uses a proxy (which serves
archived pages) and another that has a direct connection.  However, the
centralized gconf thingy seems to prohibit this.  Is there a way to have
multiple configurations at the same time, or must I use a different
browser for this?

----- End forwarded message -----

Peace.

    - Benjamin Franklin, 1755