[linux-elitists] Introducing Myself

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller@columbus.rr.com
Wed Jan 7 13:37:32 PST 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 01:42:41PM -0600, Brian McGroarty wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 02:21:43PM -0500, Matthew W. Miller wrote:
>> do:print"for-next abuse sucks!":print"So does capitalising everything.":loop
>PC ROM BASIC lacked WHILE/WEND and REPEAT/UNTIL. I wouldn't swear to
>it, but I don't think DO/LOOP [UNTIL] came on the scene until
>Turbo/Quick/Real BASIC.

Oh, big deal.  Commodore Basic had do/loop built-in in 1984 (Plus/4),
and Simons' Basic had loop/exit if/end loop (and for that matter, the
rather naff repeat/until) in 1983.  Let's see, when did COMAL come
about?  Oh never mind, the point is, don't make excuses, foxboy.

Besides, allcaps still sucks.
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller@columbus.rr.com> "You shouldn't trust _any_
software. Software is _at best_ a faithful but bumbling zombie servant