[linux-elitists] GNOME terminal

Joakim Ziegler joakim@avmaria.com
Wed Jan 7 13:11:42 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 02:42, Jim Richardson wrote:
> Evolution is an okay app, lots of interesting features, now if only it
> did mail well :) Again, for me, a console app, Mutt in this case, wins
> out. Evolution might work if I had a lot of Imap mailboxes I had to deal
> with, but fetchmail +mutt do such a good job, that it's hard to beat.

A small note on this. I might be out of date, but when I switched from
mutt to Evolution, it was based largely on speed. Granted, I had some
gargantuan mailboxes, since I like to keep (very) old mail around, but
the amount of time it took to switch mailboxes in mutt was pretty
horrible, compared to Evolution and its indexed approach.

Has this changed? For what it's worth, Evolution has only gotten faster,
with 1.2 and 1.4.

--
   The Private Joakim Ziegler - Not Speaking For Anyone But Myself
    joakim@avmaria.com - http://www.avmaria.com - rdgzt@Undernet