[linux-elitists] Introducing Myself

Rich Bodo rsb@ostel.com
Wed Jan 7 14:04:49 PST 2004

On 7 Jan 2004, Ben Woodard wrote:

> > If you don't want to mess with deep embeddeds, you can go mini-ITX:
> >
> > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=mini+ITX+robots&btnG=Google+Search
>
> The challenge with building based upon something like this is the power
> consumption can be really high. Though, I must say that it is a good
> idea that I may go for if the stayton is too hard to get a hold of or is
> too expensive.

For lower power consumption there is a nano-itx version of the
mini-itx board that is really tiny, and of course the www.soekris.com
board is a neat little computer.  Or you could pick up an opencores
development board if you wanted to play around with the hardware.  For
some reason I can't get to www.opencores.org right now, but I saw a
dev board at freedom technology center recently.  Really neat stuff.
Tiny PC's don't seem to come with tiny prices, unfortunately.  All the
boards I mentioned run about the same price ($200), but of course they
have different feature sets.

-Rich

Rich Bodo | rsb@ostel.com | 650-964-4678