[linux-elitists] Introducing Myself

J. Paul Reed preed@sigkill.com
Wed Jan 7 08:39:49 PST 2004

On 07 Jan 2004 at 10:35:48, Lance Simmons arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> * J. Paul Reed <preed@sigkill.com> [040107 10:34]:
> >
> > I use PGP; you should use PGP too... if only to piss off John Ashcroft
>
> I thought people who used pgp/gpg were supposed to use them for
> everything?

Well... I would, but unfortunately, too many people started complaining
that they couldn't read my messages ("They're attachments!!11one2") even
when I was just signing them.

So I advertise that I use it so people can send me encrypted stuff, and
when I'm talking about terrorism that I'm plotting (DoS on www.sco.com,
installing Gentoo at work, etc.), I definitely use it.

I admit that using encryption makes me extremely hot and bothered (4096 bit
keys... *droooool*), but... it's one area in which I'm not *entirely*
elite due to the fact that my mother still wants to read my emails with
minimum ease.

Later,
Paul
(P.S. I'm cc'ing L-E because... well... this message contains no GNOME
content. And we need as much non-GNOME content on this list as possible
right now.)
J. Paul Reed -- 0xDF8708F8 || preed@sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.
                                            -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

I use PGP; you should use PGP too... if only to piss off John Ashcroft