[linux-elitists] GNOME terminal

Jim Richardson warlock@eskimo.com
Tue Jan 6 18:37:01 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 02:53:34PM -0600, Brian McGroarty wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:01:13AM -0800, Jim Richardson wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 02:58:26AM -0800, David Nusinow wrote:
>> >The
>> >killer feature for me is the automatic URL selection stuff, which is a
>> >godsend in a quickly scrolling IRC channel, and a nice bonus when I'm
>>
>> Konsole has a similar feature in conjunction with klipper, but it's less
>> (badabing) intuitive as you have to drag your mouse over to the klipper
>> to select the option (or scroll with the arrow keys) which isn't as nice
>> as the popup menu from GNOME terminal.
>
>Actually, that's not a konsole feature at all -- it's entirely a
>klipper feature. klipper will recognize any URL that's fed into the
>clipboard in raw text, no matter what the source application.

ah, thanks for the correction.

>Supposedly you can make the KDE tool tray apps work with Gnome if you
>like the feature. I haven't tried, as this kind of sideways
>integration always seems to break things in creative and sneaky ways.

I'd like to make kopete do that, dang icon hangs around as a window,
should be a little thing in the panel. I haven't tried any Gnomish
alternatives to Kopete, (jabber, icq, msn plus others I don't use, all
in one client )

 Never try to outstubborn a cat.
	-- Lazarus Long