[linux-elitists] gnome, trial by fire

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Tue Jan 6 17:58:56 PST 2004

<quote who="Aaron Lehmann">

> If you don't mind me asking, what ever happened to Red Carpet? That was
> another case of Gnome going too far that I haven't heard about in awhile.

Red Carpet was a Ximian software installation product. It still exists, and
integrates with what is now a bigger infrstructure behind the scenes
(software deployment and management). It is a cross-distro package
management tool used by Ximian.

"GNOME going too far"?

- Jeff

  "Whoever wrote [the Twisted documentation] uses a vivid and interesting
         style of prose which triggers pleasure." - Francois Pinard