[linux-elitists] GNOME terminal

Brian McGroarty brian@mcgroarty.net
Tue Jan 6 12:53:34 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:01:13AM -0800, Jim Richardson wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 02:58:26AM -0800, David Nusinow wrote:
> >The
> >killer feature for me is the automatic URL selection stuff, which is a
> >godsend in a quickly scrolling IRC channel, and a nice bonus when I'm
>
> Konsole has a similar feature in conjunction with klipper, but it's less
> (badabing) intuitive as you have to drag your mouse over to the klipper
> to select the option (or scroll with the arrow keys) which isn't as nice
> as the popup menu from GNOME terminal.

Actually, that's not a konsole feature at all -- it's entirely a
klipper feature. klipper will recognize any URL that's fed into the
clipboard in raw text, no matter what the source application.

Supposedly you can make the KDE tool tray apps work with Gnome if you
like the feature. I haven't tried, as this kind of sideways
integration always seems to break things in creative and sneaky ways.