[linux-elitists] Re: GNOME > you

Gustaf Erikson gustafe@home.se
Tue Jan 6 11:37:57 PST 2004

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> There's also the interesting detail that _most_ GUI apps have some sort
> of "undo" feature...but this functionality is virtually always
> specifically missing from file manager apps.  CLIs typically offer this
> option through the ability to recall and edit commands.

Windows Explorer has this feature. Not defending it otherwise, though.

I find a windows box w/o Cygwin really hard to work on, because I know
enough Unix and shell to realise when a CLI is better than a GUI. I
nearly only use Explorer to open Excel files.

/g.

--
Gustaf Erikson, rationalist * mobile 0733387618 * http://stureby.net/gustaf/

I will not aim for the head.