[linux-elitists] Outlook weenies on BALUG

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Jan 6 09:48:30 PST 2004

begin Willy Smith quotation of Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 11:31:19AM -0600:

> Ok, that's really funny. I'm really stupid and I don't know any Outlook users
> in this area of the world, so I can't play around with this. Does that mean
> that if I put that header:

> fan.
>
> in my email header that anyone running Outlook will automatically see that
> message when they get my email?

You have to also use a line starting with the word

begin

followed by 2 spaces at the beginning of the message.  That way
the Microsoft Outlook user sees no message text and just a "Message
text blocked" warning, like this:

  http://zgp.org/~dmarti/images/begin-trick.png

This trick is from the Crackmonkey mailing list.

  http://crackmonkey.org/pipermail/crackmonkey/2002q1/025865.html

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Learn Linux and free software