[linux-elitists] Outlook weenies on BALUG

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Tue Jan 6 09:36:38 PST 2004

begin  Willy Smith  quotation:
> On Tuesday 06 January 2004 11:11, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> > begin  Willy Smith  quotation:
> > > "OUTLOOK ERROR: Message text violates P.A.T.R.I.O.T. act by
> > > Wednesday, April 04, 2001 2:21 PM."
> > 	Check my headers.
[...]
> supply fan.
>
> in my email header that anyone running Outlook will automatically
> see that message when they get my email?

The Reply-By sets the EXPIRED IMPORTANT flag, and the X-Message-Flag
makes some red box pop up with the message and the date.  Couple that
with the "begin  " bug and it looks like my messages are being
CENSORED BY THE MAN.  There used to be a web site tracking all the
annoy-outlook tricks, but rodos.net seems to be down now.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030602161609/http://www.rodos.net/outlook/
lacks the screenshots, which is a real pity.

Bonus: it doesn't look like Microsoft *want* to fix "begin  "!

    http://teh.entar.net/~nick/mail/nope-still-broken

	-- Lewis Mumford

end