[linux-elitists] Re: GNOME != you

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller@columbus.rr.com
Tue Jan 6 09:04:15 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 07:26:05PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>on Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 05:49:20AM +1100, Jeff Waugh
>(jdub@perkypants.org) wrote:
>> <quote who="Adam Sampson">
>> > [W]hat's wrong with having the window manager line up windows by
>> > default?
>> I think it's the pinball-machine effect.

Well, I don't think the window manager can be blamed for weird people
who dislike pinball games, can it?

>My WM (wmaker) snaps windows when they're within a definable distance
>of a boundary (other windows, edges of screen).  I can enable or
>disable the behavior.  And I find it useful.

AOL.

MS-Windows 3.x had an option to snap window movements/resizes to a grid
(8x8, I think).  I'm such a sad bastard that I greatly missed that
little feep when going to w32.  Of course I also missed being able to
easily redraw the pointer as in GEOS for CBM 8-bits, so what do I know?
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller@columbus.rr.com>