[linux-elitists] Re: GNOME > you

Chip Salzenberg chip@pobox.com
Tue Jan 6 08:34:44 PST 2004

According to Jeff Waugh:
> I'm sure you can see why that kind of thing isn't super-high priority when
> most developers are focusing on the complete environment.

Well, gee, either Gnome supports other window managers or it doesn't.
You don't get a pass for claiming an important feature then not
supporting it.

As it happens, I run gnome-setting-daemon; I find it does a fine job
of stretching a jpeg onto my desktop, and of course Galeon and gaim
use it.  If there is a stand-alone program that can do the stretching
wallpaper thing well, I'd love to hear about it.  Most programs I've
tried are quite bad at it (qiv, chameleon).
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -               <chip@pobox.com>