[linux-elitists] Re: GNOME > you

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Tue Jan 6 06:19:46 PST 2004

<quote who="Chip Salzenberg">

> According to Jeff Waugh:
> > from the pointless abuse of Free Software developers
>
> I'd like to point out that we're all free software developers here (no
> caps required) and you don't get a pass for putting the GPL on bad code.

I don't think the unwarranted abuse has been appropriate. It hasn't been
polite disagreement, suggestion of error or diplomatic discussion, it has
been flat out demonisation. I think the work of my peers - whatever project
they work on - deserves far more respect, particularly from someone who
purports to be a member of the greater community. As shown elsewhere in the
thread, these kinds of disagreements *can* be discussed kindly. Some
participants have been incapable of doing so.

- Jeff

         "The GPL is good. Use it. Don't be silly." - Michael Meeks