[linux-elitists] gnome, trial by fire

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Tue Jan 6 02:30:15 PST 2004

<quote who="tek">

> jeff forgive me now, im a very blunt person and im VERY direct and if it
> sucks your gonna hate me cause im gonna tell it like it is. good and bad.

Be as blunt as you want, but I can't see any reason why I would be offended
by frank, polite, and reasonable discussion of what you see as GNOME's
drawbacks. If you're just going to shit on the work of Free Software hackers
by saying it "sucks" and just being flat out rude, there's no point in
hearing your feedback. It's not like I'd care about your problems if you
were incapable of expressing your concerns in a polite manner.

I think some people are forgetting that it's Free Software, and what that
means.

- Jeff

     "On Tuesday I saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with Zack and two
             ladies whom I presume are gracious." - Seth Schoen