[linux-elitists] Re: GNOME > you

Michael Still mikal@stillhq.com
Tue Jan 6 02:01:36 PST 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Karsten M. Self wrote:

[I don't use Gnome, I have no opion on the matter]

[big snip]

> The humor is best appreciated by those with a strong appreciation of
> irony, and for those who can bear the distinctly unpleasant public show
> of a project in free-fall.

[another snip]

> I'm not the only one, as others on this thread have made clear.  I'm
> also hearing from numerous others that my observations are striking a
> chord.

[and one last snip to round it all off]

Dude, this is open source. If there really is that big a problem with
Gnome, then it will just go away, having looked up one day and discovered
that it has no users. If you're wrong on the other hand, then in 10 years
Gnome will be considered the ants pants, and Google users will be free to
see how wrong you were.

Either way, there are alternatives. No one is forcing you to use Gnome.
Vote with your feet. Worse still, submit a patch...

Cheers,
Mikal

...Who uses KDE with absolutely everything turned off. I use Alt-F2 and
xterms for nearly everything. Somethings I use Mozilla and perhaps even
xchat. That's it.

--

Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,
http://www.stillhq.com            |  to achieve my many goals"