WMaker as a golden mean (was Re: [linux-elitists] Re: GNOME > you)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 5 23:19:00 PST 2004

on Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 05:48:38PM +1100, Jeff Waugh (jdub@perkypants.org) wrote:
> <quote who="Karsten M. Self">
>
> > ...or Jim could just cut to the chase and run WMaker under GNOME.
>
> Of course. But Jim is testing GNOME here, so helping him with GNOME is what
> I'm doing.

Define "running GNOME".

My understanding is that GNOME allows a choice of WMs.

For a time, it was starting with twm, for whatever reason, on my
systems.

> > For a time, WMaker was the only WM I knew of which was _both_ GNOME
> > *and* KDE aware.  Though I haven't followed developments.
>
> WMaker is NETWM aware these days.

Thanks.

Peace.

    George W. is deceptive to be sure. Dissembling, too. And let's not
    forget deceitful. He is lacking veracity and frankness, and void of
    sooth, though seemingly sincere in his proclivity for pretense. But
    he did not lie.
    http://www.jointhebushwhackers.com/not_a_liar.cfm