WMaker as a golden mean (was Re: [linux-elitists] Re: GNOME > you)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 5 22:43:36 PST 2004

on Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 04:55:29PM +1100, Jeff Waugh (jdub@perkypants.org) wrote:
> <quote who="Jim Richardson">
>
> > You are reminding me of too many things I am missing while I try GNOME
> > out.
>
> (Can't do workspace-specific, but perhaps you should check out drawers on
> the panel. Plus, you can move the panel around and stop it from using the
> full edge of the screen, so you can make it a biiiiiit more like the dock
> and clip.)

...or Jim could just cut to the chase and run WMaker under GNOME.  I
think it still has support for this.

For a time, WMaker was the only WM I knew of which was _both_ GNOME
*and* KDE aware.  Though I haven't followed developments.

Peace.

    Reform three-strikes:  stop jailing nonviolent offenders.
    http://www.amend3strikes.org/