[linux-elitists] GNOME terminal

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon Jan 5 11:33:41 PST 2004

<quote who="Jim Richardson">

> >>Maybe, Evolution has promise, but as yet, unrealized for me. Adding
> >>mailboxes is a really big PITA if you aren't adding a new account
> >
> >Mailbox trees are dealt with as separate accounts, but you don't need to
> >deal with them as if they're separate.
>
> Not sure I follow.

If you have a tree of mboxes and a Maildir tree, you have two accounts for
them, because Evo regards them as account-related sources. That's just the
model it uses, because you have to decide on one (or put the work onto users
as mutt does, which is perfectly fine in mutt's case).

> Unusual or no, it's my situation, and the software can either adapt to
> it, or make room for something that does. :)

Nothing wrong with using the right tool for the job. :-)

- Jeff

  "I allege that SCO is full of it, and that the Linux process is already
   the most transparent process in the whole industry." - Linus Torvalds