[linux-elitists] GNOME terminal

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon Jan 5 09:11:35 PST 2004

<quote who="Nick Moffitt">

> 	I usually use Ctrl-Shift-M to bring it back when I need it,
> but I wish there were a way to keep it from popping up when I do a
> Ctrl-Shift-N to spawn a new term.

Mentioned in another thread - edit current profile, turn off "show menubar
by default on new terminals". There's a lot more general crap in the GNOME
Terminal prefs, so it's harder to find things sometimes. ;-)

> I remember when Don Marti was giving Evolution a try, and it kept coercing
> his mails into strange weenie-isms.  I don't think it could reliably
> list-reply or something.

It ought to do all of that properly these days. I use it at work (for the
moment), and it seems to be ok there. But... I have muttfingers. Hard to
kick the habit, and the habit is good.

- Jeff

  I wonder how many bugs have gone unfixed due to misspellings of "FIXME".