[linux-elitists] GNOME terminal

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Mon Jan 5 09:05:03 PST 2004

begin  Jeff But don't get all fretty-pants on us. Weff  quotation:
> gnome-terminal itself has tabs and keys to switch between them, and
> at one point a while back I was trying to figure out how to get a
> list of screens and how to switch between them programatically out
> of screen remotely. I didn't find anything... But it would be really
> cool if the terminal did some introspection on screens inside and
> showed a menu list, tabs, whatever.

	The trick is to write a screen script, using
"#!/usr/bin/screen -mc".  Set your gnome-terminal command to run the
script, which will do some -x magic and select an unfocused window.
Then you can arrange things properly and have a blast.

	-- Lewis Mumford

end