[linux-elitists] GNOME terminal

David Nusinow dnusinow@sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 5 02:58:26 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 12:42:14AM -0800, Jim Richardson wrote:
> GNOME terminal has some nice features, I like the menu bar, just enough
> there to keep it useful, and I can make it go away if I want to.

After spending the last month using Gnome as an experiment, I've found
that I can't live without gnome-terminal anymore despite its speed. The
killer feature for me is the automatic URL selection stuff, which is a
godsend in a quickly scrolling IRC channel, and a nice bonus when I'm
working normally. I like having the menu there too, and the tabs are
handy. If there was another terminal that had the URL selection
feature, I'd consider giving up gnome-terminal, but as it is I'm
addicted now.

I'm waiting for those speedups though :-)

 - David Nusinow