[linux-elitists] GNOME terminal

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon Jan 5 02:43:36 PST 2004

<quote who="Tim Potter">

> On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 07:12:33PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > Whenever I build stuff (which is lots, considering GARNOME and release
> > stuff), I do it in screen. :-)
>
> Does anyone else think that screen and gnome-terminal could be combined in
> some useful way?  I guess I'm thinking of a gui that's integrated into the
> gnome-terminal menu.

gnome-terminal itself has tabs and keys to switch between them, and at one
point a while back I was trying to figure out how to get a list of screens
and how to switch between them programatically out of screen remotely. I
didn't find anything... But it would be really cool if the terminal did some
introspection on screens inside and showed a menu list, tabs, whatever.

Hmm.

- Jeff

  We're kind of like Canada, only we hate ourselves more, and it's wetter
                             around the edges.