[linux-elitists] GNOME terminal

Jim Richardson warlock@eskimo.com
Sun Jan 4 23:58:29 PST 2004

Well, been using GNOME for a day, so far, not too bad, although compared
to rxvt, GNOME terminal is slow, I mean, annoyingly so. Not enough to
say "enough" and shoot it in the head, but enough that it throws me off
my stride when typing a message in SLRN (via vim) and then hit :wq y
<gpg passphrase> in the quick cadence I am used to.

That and text scrolls are slow too.

Is there something I can do to speed those things up?

Sufficiently advanced political correctness is indistinguishable from
sarcasm