[linux-elitists] Re: GNOME > you

Lance Simmons lance@lsimmons.net
Sun Jan 4 09:59:19 PST 2004

* Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> [040104 11:38]:

> You're saying that I'm claiming "objective superiority" and regarding
> user testing as "scientific" - maybe you're barking up the wrong tree.
> :-)

Wouldn't be the first time! :-)  As you describe your view of usability
studies now, it sounds quite reasonable. (Apart from your comment that
some such studies "perhaps approach 'scientific'" --  that strikes me as
fuzzy thinking.)  Maybe the point of contention is that in other
discussions, when you're being less careful, you sometimes accidentally
appear to claim more for them than is warranted.  Thanks for the
clarification.

--
Lance Simmons