Is GNOME > you? (was Re: [linux-elitists] Re: GNOME > you)

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sat Jan 3 21:10:59 PST 2004

<quote who="Lance Simmons">

> * Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> [040103 22:40]:
> > You've already stated your reluctance to provide specific feedback, so
> > as far as I can tell, you're just enjoying ill-informed whining.
>
> Jeff, is it one of your Gnome-related tasks to respond to criticisms
> posted to linux-elitists?

Haha, no.

> Has the Gnome project reached a similar level of organization, or is your
> advocacy here independent of Gnomic higher-ups?

I have enjoyed linux-elitists in the past, and had quite a lot of respect
for its general cluefulness. I would like to help fix some of the 'assumed
truths' propagated by some posters, and offer an insight into why we've done
what we've done, and where we're going. What has surprised me greatly is the
amount of direct abuse, rather than curiosity and investigation.

- Jeff

           "'Cause remember, smug is beautiful." - Zachary Beane