Is GNOME > you? (was Re: [linux-elitists] Re: GNOME > you)

Lance Simmons lance@lsimmons.net
Sat Jan 3 21:01:37 PST 2004

* Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> [040103 22:40]:
> You've already stated your reluctance to provide specific feedback, so
> as far as I can tell, you're just enjoying ill-informed whining.

Jeff, is it one of your Gnome-related tasks to respond to criticisms
posted to linux-elitists?  I ask because I'm familiar with several
informal arrangements in academia (not in any way associated with
computing) in which partisans of one "school of thought" will divide up
the labor to respond to criticisms from specific people in specific
forums.  Smith writes articles responding to critics 1 and 2, Jones
writes articles responding to critics 3 and 4, and so on,

Has the Gnome project reached a similar level of organization, or is
your advocacy here independent of Gnomic higher-ups?

--
Lance Simmons