[linux-elitists] Re: GNOME > you

Chip Salzenberg chip@pobox.com
Sat Jan 3 10:22:51 PST 2004

According to Chip Salzenberg:
> According to Jeff Waugh:
> > nine times out of ten I ask the above question and the person says,
> > "well, I don't use GNOME, I use fvwm or WindowMaker".
>
> Busted: fvwm.

BTW, Jeff, how do you avoid a selection fallacy?  When you talk to
people who don't like Gnome, what are the odds they're *using* it?  I
wouldn't much respect the opinion of a person who kept using software
he hated when alternatives were so conveniently at hand.
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -               <chip@pobox.com>