[linux-elitists] Re: GNOME > you

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sat Jan 3 09:11:05 PST 2004

<quote who="Jeremy Hankins">

> > And we're minimising that, because computers shouldn't make people do
> > inane things to get their work done. I'm not sure why this is so
> > controversial. I get the distinct feeling that there are some
> > rabbits-in-headlights reactions going on here...
>
> I'm perfectly happy with my ratpoison-like sawfish configuration.  Clearly
> the how/what distinction that we were talking about at the start is an
> article of faith for you, and not something you can defend.  Thus there's
> no hope of ever reaching common ground for discussion.  So never-mind.

Well, that's an easy way to cheat yourself out of the discussion. Obviously
it's *my* faith that is at fault. Perhaps you should restate your 'how/what
distinction' in less abstract terms. Right now it's voodoo-la-la-land, with
very little solid ground for argumentation.

- Jeff

    "If I had an inch for every penis size spam I'd recieved..." - Luis
                                   Villa