[linux-elitists] Re: GNOME > you

Jeremy Hankins nowan@nowan.org
Sat Jan 3 09:07:10 PST 2004

Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> writes:
> <quote who="Jeremy Hankins">

>> Neither does freedom mean having it easy.  What's your point?
>
> Orthonal, aren't they? :-)

???  We must be speaking different languages.

>> There are a whole range of social and psychological issues that make
>> computers hard for folks of the current generation(s).  That doesn't
>> change the fact that sometimes you have to put some effort in up
>> front in order to get something out of it later.
>
> And we're minimising that, because computers shouldn't make people do
> inane things to get their work done. I'm not sure why this is so
> controversial. I get the distinct feeling that there are some
> rabbits-in-headlights reactions going on here...

I'm perfectly happy with my ratpoison-like sawfish configuration.
Clearly the how/what distinction that we were talking about at the start
is an article of faith for you, and not something you can defend.  Thus
there's no hope of ever reaching common ground for discussion.  So
never-mind.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>