[linux-elitists] OT: Naive question (was Re: GNOME > you)

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Thu Jan 1 19:52:35 PST 2004

<quote who="Lance Simmons">

> > Maybe you disagree with that world view, but that would just bolster my
> > point (well, the way you're arguing is doing enough to bolster it
> > already, so...)
>
> Let's say I'm someone who is not in GNOME's target audience.  Is there any
> concrete benefit, _to me_, from supporting GNOME?  I'm not feeling you,
> dog.

Outside the usual community / world domination things?

You might switch to GNOME the same way other people have switched to OS X,
at which point you'll care. You might find it useful as a tool to convert
people using non-free software to Free software. You might decide that it's
an attractive platform to build software on.

You've told me what you're not, but... what are you? :-)

- Jeff

   "Debian is not as minor as many business end people think." - Alan Cox