[linux-elitists] Re: [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun Feb 29 22:48:45 PST 2004

Quoting Martin Pool (mbp@samba.org):

> I stand corrected.  It can be in non-free, and so while Debian do
> distribute it, it is not part of Debian.

Unless some new decision has been made that I'm not aware of, GFDLed
documentation is still in the main branch -- including GDFLed
docs containing invariant sections[1].   The most recent decision I'm
aware of was the sarge Release Coordinator's decision (AJ Towns's) that
bugs based on presence of such software would _not_ be considered
release-critical.  Basically, the issue has been deferred until after
sarge (by request of DPL Martin Michlmayr to AJ and others).

[1] Such as, oh, glibc, I think.

--
Cheers,                        A: No.
Rick Moen                      Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?