[linux-elitists] management not understanding programmers styles

Mikael Pawlo mikael@pawlo.com
Thu Feb 26 06:13:51 PST 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, James Morris wrote:
> > Also,
> >   http://www.plethora.net/~seebs/faqs/hacker.html
> > It's not really the same question, and I'm not sure I completely
> > agree, but it's kind of close.  If IBM spent money on it, it must be
> > good, right?
> These things really make me cringe.  Hackers are not unique and beautiful
> snowflakes.

Some hackers are unique and beautiful snowflakes, most are just average.
The same goes for lawyers, managers and jargon files. Sometimes a monkey
is just a monkey, but if you find one that's on crack - stick to it!

Mikael