[linux-elitists] management not understanding programmers styles

Jesse Meyer meyer@btinet.net
Wed Feb 25 20:18:32 PST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Ben Woodard wrote:

> I remember reading something somewhere a long time ago about different
> styles of programmers. We have this one great programmer here at the lab
> who we all rely on because the things that he does are so bulletproof.
> He has libraries of code that we frequently borrow of from because we
> know that they will just work. The problem is he never finishes anything
> and management is perpetually peeved with him because of it.  [ snip ]
>
> The problem is that management doesn't understand this.

Management has its own world, with its own terms...

Pick up some management magazines, learn the lingo, and then explain it
to management.

Terms like `architect', `laying the foundation', `planner', etc might
come in handy.

--
 "Even the samurai
  have teddy bears,                                               icq: 34583382