[linux-elitists] Re: CC considered harmful

Mister Bad mr.bad@pigdog.org
Mon Feb 23 15:00:08 PST 2004

I initially read this as "Creative Commons considered harmful". Since
I've been being annoying on the Creative Commons licenses list
(http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-licenses/) about the recent
public review period on the 2.0 draft license, I was looking
forward to some healthy perspective and perhaps fuel for vicious
flame-throwing action.

Let's just say I was a little disappointed to see the old
don't-cc-list-members problem come up again.

This is the linux-elitists list, not the Mayberry Knitting Club
list. Elitists don't CC list members. CCing list members is a
one-strike-yer-out capital offense.

People who CC list members think proprietary binary-only modules are a
great idea. People who CC list members have Winmodems. People who CC
list members send HTML mail. People who CC list members use
GIFs.

~Mr. Bad