CC considered harmful (was Re: [linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 23 14:35:16 PST 2004

on Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 06:54:21AM -0800, Jim Thompson (jim@netgate.com) wrote:

> 	As you've already crossed that line, this is mostly intended for the
> 	rest of the list.
>
> You threaten to remove *other* people from the list, or spam-bomb them,
> because you can't cope...
>
>   "Failure to do so will result in both of you being blacklisted or
>    spamlisted here, depending on my one perturbed mental state."

You've misunderstood, and Ben's comments are correct.

Mail that is effectively noise will be either blacklisted (dropped) or
spamlisted (reported to several abuse contacts).  Depends on whether or
not it's simply annoying, or bulk and unsolicited.

I have no control other than limited powers of persuasion or suggestion
for how linux-elitists is goverened.

I would suggest that Don revisit his list of legal MTAs, however.

Peace.

    East to live, not live to eat.