CC considered harmful (was Re: [linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?)

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Mon Feb 23 14:09:23 PST 2004

On 23-Feb-2004, Jim Thompson wrote:
> [an unattributed quote that turns out to be kmself's]
> 	As you've already crossed that line, this is mostly intended for
> 	the rest of the list.
>
> You threaten to remove *other* people from the list, or spam-bomb them,
> because you can't cope...
>
>   "Failure to do so will result in both of you being blacklisted or
>    spamlisted here, depending on my one perturbed mental state."

A threat to remove someone from the list would be empty from anyone who
doesn't actually have that power.  Karsten doesn't have that power
(AFAIK) and isn't the sort to make empty threats.

I believe Karsten's intent is to blacklist or spamlist them at his MTA,
i.e. "here" from solely Karsten's POV.  He *does* have that power, and
it's up to him to make that choice.  And, since he'd be making a
decision about what email he receives, not forcing anyone else to do
anything, I don't read that as a "threat".

--
 \      "Smoking cures weight problems. Eventually."  -- Steven Wright |
Ben Finney <ben@benfinney.id.au>