CC considered harmful (was Re: [linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?)

Jesse Meyer meyer@btinet.net
Mon Feb 23 08:28:08 PST 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> Email is verging on marginally useful as it is, and not just for
> nontechnical people.  In foreseable time (a few years), it's going to
> take, literally, hours to download just spam, at current rates of spam
> increase[2].
>
> [...]
>
> 2.  3496 spams in the past 28 days.  Doubling time ~6 months.  9.3 KiB
>     per spam.  4.4 KiB/s effective download rate, or about 3m53s per
>     MiB.  I see 4 hours download time in six doubling periods -- three
>     years.

What evidence do you have to predict that its a linear increase, and
will always be a linear increase?

~ Jesse Meyer

--
 "Even the samurai
  have teddy bears,                                               icq: 34583382