CC considered harmful (was Re: [linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?)

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 23 00:09:18 PST 2004

on Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 05:44:08PM +1100, Mike MacCana (mikem@cyber.com.au) wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
> > on Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 09:53:53PM -0800, Jim Thompson (jim@netgate.com) wrote:
> >
> > Jim:  would you and Mike please remove me from your CC lists.
>
> Will do.
>
> > Mike:  this is among the reason CC's are annoying as hell:  they
> > propogate.
>
> Tell that to people who are on list digests, or tired or waiting for slow
> list servers.

Specious:  Of which you're doing neither.

I've dropped lists for precisely those (and other) broken practices.  If
I can't thread topics and reasonably associate replies with posts, and
attributions and quoting are both broken and beyond all reason, I'll
bail.

The Pho List and SAS-L are two standouts on both points.  I've bailed
both.

CNI-Copyright specifically repaired broken headers at my request, I
continue to subscribe.

Seems to me someone let the clue out of l-e in the past few weeks.  Time
for uncle Don to play (or find a) bad cop IMO.

Peace.

  Backgrounder on the Caldera/SCO vs. IBM and Linux dispute.
      http://sco.iwethey.org/