CC considered harmful (was Re: [linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?)

Mike MacCana mikem@cyber.com.au
Sun Feb 22 22:44:08 PST 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> on Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 09:53:53PM -0800, Jim Thompson (jim@netgate.com) wrote:
>
> Jim:  would you and Mike please remove me from your CC lists.

Will do.

> Mike:  this is among the reason CC's are annoying as hell:  they
> propogate.

Tell that to people who are on list digests, or tired or waiting for slow
list servers.

> Failure to do so will result in both of you being blacklisted or
> spamlisted here, depending on my one perturbed mental state.

I really don't care - as I said, assuming I had less experience than you
because I disagreed with you makes me assume you're not interested in
conversing with other people, rather sating your own ego.

I'll not CC you becasue you asked me not to (and for no other reason). Ok,
another request in return - don't set fake reply tos.

Mike