[linux-elitists] Avoiding Mailman Duplicates

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Sat Feb 21 16:55:07 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 09:32:27PM -0500, Adam Kessel wrote:
> A frequent elitist complaint is when people (or MUAs) ignore Reply-To:
> headers and send duplicates to you and the list. ("reply all")
>
> I just recently upgraded mailman on my server, and noticed this
> subscriber option (among many other neato features):
>
> > Avoid duplicate copies of messages?
>
> > When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
> > message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing list.
> > Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list; select No
> > to receive copies.

You can thank me for getting that feature in mailman 2.1 :)

I also had a reply-to per user option to make the fscking whiners go
away without screwing up the list for the rest of the membership, but
that one never made it in :(

Marc