[linux-elitists] Avoiding Mailman Duplicates

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri Feb 20 14:43:34 PST 2004

Quoting Karsten Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com):
> on Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 01:40:02PM -0800, Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com) wrote:

> > Why don't you read the To and Cc headers?
>
> Because that tells you where the mail was directed to, on a first-match
> basis.  Not where you received it from.

I think he meant "Why were you caught off-guard by people unexpectedly
departing from ongoing list threads into private mail, when the fact
that they'd done so is visible in the To and Cc headers of the private
mail in question?

At least, that's how I interpreted Aaron's (fair and logical) question,
and is what I addressed.

--
Cheers,                           "This is Unix.  Stop acting so helpless."
Rick Moen                                               -- D.J. Bernstein