[linux-elitists] Avoiding Mailman Duplicates

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Thu Feb 19 18:50:34 PST 2004

begin  Adam Kessel  quotation:
> A frequent elitist complaint is when people (or MUAs) ignore Reply-To:
> headers and send duplicates to you and the list. ("reply all")

	No.  It's when people or MUAs ignore Mail-Followup-To.
Reply-To has nothing to do with mailing lists.

> > When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
> > message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing list.
> > Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list; select No
> > to receive copies.

	Great.  So I'd get personal copies in /var/mail/nick and miss
out on the copies that are part of the thread in
~/inboxes/linux-elitists.  That sounds like a real broken feature,
Adam.

	-- Lewis Mumford

end