[linux-elitists] Avoiding Mailman Duplicates

Adam Kessel adam@bostoncoop.net
Thu Feb 19 18:32:27 PST 2004

A frequent elitist complaint is when people (or MUAs) ignore Reply-To:
headers and send duplicates to you and the list. ("reply all")

I just recently upgraded mailman on my server, and noticed this
subscriber option (among many other neato features):

> Avoid duplicate copies of messages?

> When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
> message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing list.
> Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list; select No
> to receive copies.

zgp.org is running a recent enough version of mailman to get this
feature.

http://zgp.org/mailman/options/linux-elitists

While it might be more fun to complain, you can now take matters into
your own hands.
--
Adam Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org