[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 17 18:18:02 PST 2004

on Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 12:19:24PM -0800, Rick Moen (rick@linuxmafia.com) wrote:
> Quoting Jim Richardson (warlock@eskimo.com):
>
> > I have never used Slackware, although I have considered it a time or
> > two, and one of these days, will do so, just because. But I have found
> > that I don't care for the bsd style inits, and that's somewhat holding
> > me back. Although the big holdback is available time.
>
> You know, it's not quite what you want, but Slackware _does_ at least
> support running SystemV init scripts when you install software that
> expects that architecture into the system:  See:
> http://www.slackware.com/config/init.php

    # apt-get install file-rc

Or:

    # apt-get install runit

Peace.

    "Let me put it this way: have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle,
    Socrates?" "Yes."  "Morons."
    - Princess Bride