[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Feb 16 13:35:23 PST 2004

Quoting Mike MacCana (mikem@cyber.com.au):

> More detail, please. Not really interested in comparisons, just want to
> make sure you're aware of RPMs capabilities.

Joey Hess had done a very thorough comparison, just in case you ever are
interested -- mostly in order to point out (without rhetoric) that
people alleging significant differences between the formats'
capabilities are misinformed.

http://www.kitenet.net/~joey/pkg-comp/

> I like apt too, particularly its fix option. Yum's nicer in some respects
> as it has modular header files, meaning faster refreshing of available
> software.

Yum is generally said to have significant advantages on RH/Fedora, and
to be a nice piece of work.

--
Cheers,                    Long ago, there lived a creature with a
Rick Moen                  voice like a vacuum cleaner.  We know little