[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?

Mike MacCana mikem@cyber.com.au
Sun Feb 15 20:48:47 PST 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Greg Folkert wrote:

> [...]

<snip>

> > > You definitely implied it.
> >
> > Um, no. You did. You're the one that said 'Stay in your Intel world'.
> > Call me crazy, but that implies that my world, is, you know. Intel.
>
> OHHHH! sorry your most holy greater than me.... please I beg
> forgiveness.

You're forgiven. Maybe.

> > > You were making assumptions as well. I really could careless about your
> > > "credentials"... go flash your resume somewhere else.
> >
> > You implied Red Hat was limited to intel architecture. I pointed out that
> > isn't true. Not really much of a 'credentials flash'. You could say 'ah,
> > you're right after verifying what I've said' but that's too much of
> > a stretch for your bruised ego.
> >
> > I'd like to point out your ego would be less bruised if you were less
> > aggro in your reponse or did some basic fact checking.
>
> You started that Biatch. Like stating this:
>
>    Yes. Red Hat supports seven architectures. Its not eleven, but to
> be honest, I don't give a fuck about installing Linux on my Atari.

Well, I don't. I stated a personal opinion, and labelled it it as such.
You made comments about me because you made an unresearched opinion and
were proved wrong.

>    The architecture thing is pretty much a myth.

This is provably true. Dunno why you quoted it.

> > > BTW, Superciliousness do you understand what it means?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Doesn't appear you do. Hence I still ask.

The sentence you used doesn't make any sense. Hence I didn't bother
responsing.

> Oh, I see you still don;t know how to reply-to-list,

You'd be wrong there. I like to send my communications to someone directly
rather than deal with a overloaded and slow list server.

I'm also considerate of those on digest lists (tho I don't know if
elitists has a digest).

Mike