[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution? [was Re: RFI: Recommendation for a good Vocabulary Builder]

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Sun Feb 15 20:48:42 PST 2004

begin  Mike MacCana  quotation:
> It shouldn't take more than two minutes to build an RPM of anything
> which uses GNU autoconf, and from what I know of dpkg it shouldn't
> be any different.

	More specifically: which uses autoconf properly, and has
either a well-written Makefile.in or uses Automake properly (see my
personal favorite bugzilla bug ever).

	Autoconf is but one head of the hydra that is build management
and release packaging.  It's a clusterfuck, but in the right
circumstances you get just the orgy you're looking for.

	-- Lewis Mumford

end