[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Sun Feb 15 20:41:44 PST 2004


On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 23:30, Mike MacCana wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Greg Folkert wrote:
> 
> > On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 22:47, Mike MacCana wrote:
> > > On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > >
> > > > On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 21:15, Mike MacCana wrote:
> > > > > On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Reason being, it is the distribution where every architecture (11
> > > > > > officially supported right now) is treated the same. Can you say that
> > > > > > about Mandrake, RedHat, Gentoo?
> > > > >
> > > > > Yes. Red Hat supports seven architectures. Its not eleven, but to be
> > > > > honest, I don't give a fuck about installing Linux on my Atari.
> > > > >
> > > > > The architecture thing is pretty much a myth.
> > >
> > > > Superciliousness is quite obvious... 31337 evidence... PASS.
> > > >
> > > > And BTW, I meant *CURRENTLY* supporting those architectures, not past
> > > > tense or unofficially. It DOES make a difference.
> > >
> > > I do too. x86, Itanium II, AMD64, PowerPC iSeries, PowerPC pSeries,
> > > mainframe ZSeries, S390.
> >
> > Impressive resume.
> >
> > > If I was talking about unoffically, I'd mention that there's Red Hat
> > > staff paid to maintain the Sparc port by Sun.
> >
> > Ohhhh, inside information... Wow.
> >
> > > > BTW, I give a fuck about those architectures. I use about 5 of them you
> > > > probably never HAVE used.
> > >
> > > Ohh. That's three, maybe three point five geek points there.
> >
> > Like it matters.
> 
> Hence the sarcasm, and hence the surprise at your massively aggressive yet
> completely un

Hmmm... I am flabbergasted. Set back to the stone age.

> > > > Stay in your Intel world.
> > >
> > > Who said anything about Intel exclusivity.
> >
> > You definitely implied it.
> 
> Um, no. You did. You're the one that said 'Stay in your Intel world'.
> Call me crazy, but that implies that my world, is, you know. Intel.

OHHHH! sorry your most holy greater than me.... please I beg
forgiveness.

> > > > Stay the fuck out of
> > > > any arch that really works, you'll just get in the way.
> > >
> > > Ooooooh. Please get angier. That way people reading my post, your
> > > rather presumptive agressive reply, and my response to that will know
> > > exactly how dumb you were to use such language without doing five seconds
> > > worth of fact checking on google.
> >
> > You were making assumptions as well. I really could careless about your
> > "credentials"... go flash your resume somewhere else.
> 
> You implied Red Hat was limited to intel architecture. I pointed out that
> isn't true. Not really much of a 'credentials flash'. You could say 'ah,
> you're right after verifying what I've said' but that's too much of
> a stretch for your bruised ego.
> 
> I'd like to point out your ego would be less bruised if you were less
> aggro in your reponse or did some basic fact checking.

You started that Biatch. Like stating this:

   Yes. Red Hat supports seven architectures. Its not eleven, but to   
be honest, I don't give a fuck about installing Linux on my Atari.

   The architecture thing is pretty much a myth.

I take offense to the vulgarity and Disdain you used. That is what got
you your aggro.

> > BTW, Superciliousness do you understand what it means?
> 
> Yes.

Doesn't appear you do. Hence I still ask.

Oh, I see you still don;t know how to reply-to-list, I'd suspect there
is something wrong with your ability to respond politely.
-- 
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net
REMEMBER ED CURRY! http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://allium.zgp.org/pipermail/linux-elitists/attachments/20040215/634fec01/attachment.pgp 


More information about the linux-elitists mailing list