[linux-elitists] [RANT] Debian the Elitist Distribution?

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Sun Feb 15 20:15:21 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 22:47, Mike MacCana wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Greg Folkert wrote:

> > > Yes. Red Hat supports seven architectures. Its not eleven, but to be
> > > honest, I don't give a fuck about installing Linux on my Atari.
> > >
> > > The architecture thing is pretty much a myth.
>
> > Superciliousness is quite obvious... 31337 evidence... PASS.
> >
> > And BTW, I meant *CURRENTLY* supporting those architectures, not past
> > tense or unofficially. It DOES make a difference.
>
> I do too. x86, Itanium II, AMD64, PowerPC iSeries, PowerPC pSeries,
> mainframe ZSeries, S390.

Impressive resume.

> If I was talking about unoffically, I'd mention that there's Red Hat
> staff paid to maintain the Sparc port by Sun.

Ohhhh, inside information... Wow.

> > BTW, I give a fuck about those architectures. I use about 5 of them you
> > probably never HAVE used.
>
> Ohh. That's three, maybe three point five geek points there.

Like it matters.

> > Stay in your Intel world.
>
> Who said anything about Intel exclusivity.

You definitely implied it.

> > Stay the fuck out of
> > any arch that really works, you'll just get in the way.
>
> Ooooooh. Please get angier. That way people reading my post, your
> rather presumptive agressive reply, and my response to that will know
> exactly how dumb you were to use such language without doing five seconds
> worth of fact checking on google.

You were making assumptions as well. I really could careless about your
"credentials"... go flash your resume somewhere else.

BTW, Superciliousness do you understand what it means?

Oh, also... use the reply-to-list function in your "non-free" MUA, okay?
(if there is one... that is)
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net